When you are living at a survival level, barely able to pay your bills, do not feel that you are a failure. This is simply the way you have chosen to learn many important lessons and experience the essence of who you are.
You may be learning:
1. you deserve abundance by experiencing the lack of it
2. how little it takes to live on
3. you are not as dependent on having things as you thought
4. you can be generous even when you have little
5. the higher qualities of trust, compassion, and humility
6. what is important in your life, sorting through what is meaningful and essential and what is not
7. how to let others give to you
8. how to feel powerful without money
When you understand, embrace, and accept the lessons,
you will no longer need this experience.
(excerpt taken from the book "Creating Money: Attracting Abundance" by Sanaya Roman